- Women’s Energy Matters has been working for a rapid transition to an efficient, renewable energy system, in order to promote healthy communities & ecosystems and improve international relations.
- WEM is leading the fight for Community Choice Aggregation access to Energy Efficiency funds, and is an “intervenor” in the California Public Utilities Commission’s Energy Efficiency Rulemaking (R0108028).
WEM worked with Local Power & the Legislature be certain Energy Efficiency was included in AB117 & helped pass the bill.
- The California Coalition for Energy Efficiency, founded by WEM, Public Citizen, Community First Coalition, Local Power & SESCO (the top residential Energy Efficiency provider in US), proposed a much-improved Energy Efficiency administrative structure in California.
The information on this site includes:
- California Coalition for Energy Efficiency (CCEE)
- Community Choice issues
- Energy Efficiency Programs
- Local councils & Boards of Supervisors
- CPUC and local council meetings that WEM has attended
- Videos of events and and meetings
WEM has gathered information and taken actions.
This is just a sampling of the documentation in WEM's archives in pdf form and videos.
We are network of women & men who approach energy issues from a woman’s point of view. Women have used their own energy through the ages to work for the public good and WEM celebrates that commitment.
We want to encourage you to get involved, & appreciate all your support.
Donations are welcome. Contributions are tax deductible. Women’s Energy Matters is a California Nonprofit 501©(3)Corporation.